Develop your medical career with a world leader at Royal Perth Hospital
Junior Medical Staff Positions
Junior doctors include Interns (PGY 1), Residents (PGY 2 - 4), Registrars and Fellowships. Junior Doctor rotations occur on site at RPH as well as rotations to offsite metropolitan and regional hospitals in Western Australia.
Working in Royal Perth Hospital (RPH) is a stimulating and rewarding experience for doctors. As Western Australia’s largest teaching hospital, we deliver health services of the highest international standard in a friendly and supportive setting.
The Hospital offers a broad range of experience in all clinical fields of adult medicine (except Obstetrics and Gynaecology). As a leading teaching hospital and the State Trauma and Burns Centre in Western Australia, RPH provides excellent educational and skill development opportunities for junior doctors.
RPH aims to provide an environment that is conducive to education and training including high quality undergraduate and postgraduate/ specialist programmes.
- Fully accredited teaching hospital
- Royal Perth Hospital is one of the world’s leading teaching hospitals
- It is the major trauma centre for Western Australia
- RPH was Western Australia’s first hospital, which was established in July 1855
- RPH is the largest teaching hospital in the State, providing services to adults in all clinical fields (except Gynaecology and Obstetrics)
- Royal Perth Hospital is situated on two sites:
- Wellington Street Campus (approx 650 beds) - is in the heart of Perth city. Retail shopping, theatres, cafes and restaurants are within easy walking distance of the hospital.
- Shenton Park Campus (approx 170 beds) - is located 6km west of Perth city. Scenic Kings Park and the Swan River are close to both campuses. Coastal beaches are only 12 kms away.
- Royal Perth Hospital is a leading teaching and research facility treating about 73,000 in-patients and about 380,000 outpatient occasions a year. It has one of the busiest Emergency Departments in Australia, with more than 58,000 presentations a year.
RPH is internationally recognised for its continuing contribution to the world of health care. RPH has a distinguished international record in patient care, teaching and research, hosting Nobel Prize-winning research and world-leading experts.
- 2005 Nobel Prize - discovery of Helicobacter Pylori was at RPH
- First electromicroscopy of HIV
- First vascular endoluminal graft stent made and researched
- First longitudinal stroke survivor research in the world
- First true Domiciliary Bone Marrow Transplant Service
- Telstra Burns Reconstruction and Rehabilitation Unit
- Heart and lung transplants
- State Trauma Unit incorporating Trauma Ward
- 2005 Australian of the year, Dr Fiona Wood is Head of the Burns Unit
Our Commitment to You
RPH is experienced in delivering the ideal supportive and rewarding learning environment that a Junior Doctor needs. We offer a broad range of clinical experience providing candidates with a challenging and rewarding career where you can "realise your potential."
- Commitment to providing a supportive learning environment for all
- Secure, supportive and friendly team environment for all staff
- Support and mentoring programmes
- Interesting patient case mix
- Expert and enthusiastic clinical teachers
- Bedside and formal education
- Junior doctor input in various hospital committees and decision-making processes
- Support for ongoing education and professional development for Medical Staff
- Senior Registrars in Medicine, Surgery and Emergency Medicine with responsibilities in postgraduate medical education
- Subsidised parking
- Staff awards for excellence within the hospital
- Amenities and fitness facilities including: Doctors' Common Room, Foxtel, computer access, well-equipped gymnasium, swimming pool, tennis and squash courts
- Well-established RMO Social Scene supported by the Resident Medical Officer's Society including: regular morning teas, Friday night drinks and other social functions including the legendary "Milligan's Bar"
Australian Medical Council
Medical Board of Western Australia
Overseas Trained Doctors who are interested in working in Western Australia can find further information at the following site:
Please note that if you are applying for a medical post please direct your application to email@example.com.
© Royal Perth Hospital, 2006
All rights reserved.