Phlebotomy Training Course
Students who complete the Phlebotomy Training Course taught by PathWest Core Clinical Pathology and Biochemistry located at Royal Perth Hospital, receive a “Certificate of Proficiency” which is recognised by all PathWest centres and private pathology practices in Western Australia.
The Phlebotomy Training Course is a six week course, Monday to Friday, between 08:30 and 15:00.
|April||02/04/13 - 11/05/13||applications close 27/02/2013|
|July||22/07/13 - 30/08/13||applications close 19/06/2013|
|October||14/10/13 - 22/11/13||applications close 11/09/2013|
Late applications will not be accepted.
- Brief letter outlining reasons for interest in the course
- Copy of current resume
- Evidence of secondary education certificate equivalent to Australian Year 10
- In written form, address the following selection criteria:
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to use initiative and work without supervision
- Willingness to collect blood samples from all patients, irrespective of their infectivity, and to follow strict standard precautions.
Applicantions to be mailed to:
Coordinator of Phlebotomy Services
Department of Core Clinical Pathology & Biochemistry
Royal Perth Hospital
GPO Box X2213
Perth WA 6847.
Successful applicants will contacted by telephone with an interview time.
Applicants successful at interview will then be required to provide:
- a Criminal Screening / Police Clearance Check
- a Working With Children (WWC) Check, and
- to attend our Occupational Health Unit prior to your commencement.