Routine outpatient referrals
As of 24 February 2014, all non-urgent GP referrals to doctor-led outpatient clinics at Royal Perth Hospital (RPH) should be sent to the Central Referral Service (external site).
Referrals are accepted on the letterhead of the GP, generated from your practice software or using an online referral form. The following patient information is required:
- Date of birth
- contact phone numbers
- Medicare number (including expiry date)
- patients maiden name
- language requirements (interpreter)
- current medication and allergy information
- weight (particularly if over 120 kilograms)
- copies of relevant investigations and reports
- GP contact details.
Other information may also be helpful. This information includes:
When a patient has dementia, agreements are often made to have appointment details mailed to their carer or relative to arrange transport and ensure they attend. Please indicate if this applies in the ‘special needs’ section of the referral form.
Referrals are clinically prioritised as:
- Urgent: Priority 1 (0 – 30 days)
- Semi urgent: Priority 2 (31 – 90 days)
- Routine: Priority 3 (91 – 365 days)
Unless specified by RPH staff, routine referrals can only be sent directly to:
For more information and further contact details, visit the WA Health GP website (external site).
Fax: 1300 365 056
MMEx Secure Messaging: email@example.com
Central Referral Service
PO Box 3462
Midland WA 6056